The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises motorists that due to the annual Northeastern Air Show in the Scranton area, the Northeastern Extension (I-476) will be closed to traffic between the Wyoming Valley Interchange, Exit 115, and the Clarks Summit Interchange, Exit 131, during these times:
The following detours are slated to safeguard motorists from aircraft that will be flying over the roadway during the air-show performances.
Exit the Turnpike at the Wyoming Valley Interchange onto Interstate 81-North.
Enter the Turnpike at the Wyoming Valley Interchange.
MOTORISTS TRAVELLING TO THE AIR SHOW SHOULD TAKE THE AVOCA EXIT ONTO I-81.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted interchanges to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap