The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises motorists that the State Route 29 E-ZPass Only Interchange, Exit 320, in Chester County will be closed from 8 p.m. on Oct. 4 to 6 a.m. on Oct. 5 for routine maintenance to the overhead scanners and the underground tolling equipment.
Motorists will not be able to exit the Turnpike east or westbound at Route 29, or enter the Turnpike from Route 29. Motorists will still be able to enter the Turnpike from Atwater Drive.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
The PA Turnpike is in the process of decommissioning and removing all call boxes from the roadway due to a significant decline in use over recent years. Modern means like smart phones, make it safer for our motorists to communicate incidents safely from inside their vehicle. To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, stay in your car and dial *11 on your mobile phone.
To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
# # #